- Graduation from high school or GED; and
- Successfully complete a minimum of 48 semester college hours credited toward an Associate’s Degree and verified by college transcript; or
- A passing score on the PRAXIS exam.
*Paraprofessional Testing is offered through Okaloosa County School System.*
Go to: http://www.okaloosaschools.com/depts/hr/employment. Click on Parapro Testing Information and follow the directions to register. The fee for the test is $55.00.
- An employee who has earned 48 semester college hours or more is not required to satisfy the in-service hours or take the Praxis test.
- Paraprofessionals are required to work directly with students at least 50% of their day.
- A Principal’s recommendation is not automatic. It is dependent upon staffing & the assigned duties of the employee.
- However, once Para-qualified, the employee is eligible to interview and possibly transfer to school sites in need of Paraprofessionals.