Director, Inservice & Instructional Technology
Mike is over Professional Learning and Inservice, Instructional Technology, Library Media Service, Media Technology, Instructional Television, the Mentoring program, the STEAM Initiative, and Title II Funding. He heads the District Technology Committee, the Digital Instructional Resource Committee, and the District Forms Committee.
Mike Thorpe – My Story
Director of Inservice and Instructional Technology
I have been employed with the Santa Rosa County School System since 1991. I began my teaching career at Holley-Navarre Middle School, where I spent seven years teaching math, science, and technology. In 1998, I transferred to my Alma mater, Milton High School, where over the next eight years I taught math, web design, television production, 3-D animation, served as Dean and coached several sports. I became an Assistant Principal at Milton High in 2006 and became Principal of Milton High in 2009. In 2015, I moved to Director of Inservice and Instructional Technology for the Santa Rosa County School District.
As the Director of the Office of Professional Learning, my mission is to develop nationally recognized programs in the areas of educator professional learning and instructional technology, while at the same time keeping students first.
“On the brink of failure, Milton High School needed someone to restore Panther Pride. Mike Thorpe fit the bill.”
How Can I Help?
My door is always open. In fact, don’t actually have a door but share an open office with my staff to foster communication and collaboration. Call me or come by. I’m located in the back of the Dillon Admin Center, room 301.
Qualifications & Awards
Proin eget tortor risus. Cras ultricies ligula sed magna dictum porta. Vivamus suscipit tortor eget felis porttitor volutpat. Nulla porttitor accumsan tincidunt. Cras ultricies ligula sed magna dictum porta.
- Coming soon.
- Coming soon.
- 2015 Principal of a US News/World Report Bronze Medal winning United States Best High School
- 2015 Florida Principal of the Year top 3 Finalist
- 2015 Florida Innovative Principal of the Year
- 2014 District Principal of the Year, Santa Rosa County
- 2014 High School Principal of the Year, Santa Rosa County
- 2011 Top 3 Finalist for Innovative Instructional Technology Principal of the Year for Florida
- 2011 Innovative Instructional Technology Principal of the Year, Santa Rosa County
- 2009 High School Assistant Principal of the Year, Santa Rosa County
- 2000 Teacher of the Year, Milton High School
- 1996 Teacher of the Year, Holley-Navarre Middle School