District Mentor Coach
I work daily supporting and mentoring Alternative Certification teachers at different schools throughout Santa Rosa County. I am a member of Learning Forward Florida and Take Stock in Children.
Tonya Lancieri – My Story
District Mentor Coach
I am a Teacher on Special Assignment, currently working for the Santa Rosa County School District. In my new position, I will assist, collaborate, and mentor alternatively certified teachers as they work to complete the Professional Certification Program, which is one step in receiving a Professional Teaching Certificate.
Before accepting the position as a Mentor Coach, I spent 23 years in the classroom. I began my teaching career in 1996 at Cedar Ridge Elementary in Branson, Missouri, teaching 5th grade. I taught 5th grade for two years before moving back to my alma mater, Lead Hill Elementary School in Arkansas. There I taught 6th grade for two years and 3rd grade for three years. I then decided to teach closer to my home and began teaching at Bergman Elementary School in Arkansas. While at Bergman, I taught 3rd grade for a year and then moved to Kindergarten for the next seven years. When my youngest daughter left for college, I decided to try a new adventure. I moved to Florida and began teaching in Escambia County. I served as a Kindergarten teacher for the next two years. The next year I was given the opportunity to serve as the K-2nd Math Coach. I finally moved to Santa Rosa County where I spent five years teaching Kindergarten.
My journey for 24 years was spent igniting the passion for learning in children. Teaching children to read is one of my greatest joys. Throughout my career, I served as a mentor to many practicum teachers and new teachers. As a Mentor Coach, I will support and provide guidance as new teachers begin their teaching careers.
“Tonya helped me become the effective teacher I am today!”
Why Work With Me?
I am passionate about my work.
Qualifications & Awards
- 1992-1994: North Arkansas Community College, Harrison, AR (received AA)
- 1994-1996: College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, MO (received BS in Elem. Ed. 1-6)
- 2017-2019: University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL (received Master’s in Educational Leadership)
- 1996-1998: Cedar Ridge Elementary (teaching 5th grade)
- 1998-2000: Lead Hill Elementary (teaching 6th grade)
- 2000-2002: Lead Hill Elementary (teaching 3rd grade)
- 2002-2003: Bergman Elementary (teaching 3rd grade)
- 2003-2010: Bergman Elementary (teaching Kindergarten)
- 2010-2011: George S. Hallmark Elementary (teaching Kindergarten)
- 2011-2012: Global Learning Academy (teaching Kindergarten)
- 2012-2013: Global Learning Academy (Math Coach, K-2nd grades)
- 2013-2018: S.S. Dixon Primary (teaching Kindergarten)
- 2018-Present: District Mentor Coach (Santa Rosa County)
- Aliquam tincidunt mauris
- Vestibulum auctor neque
- Nunc dignissim risus
- Cras ornare elit