These steps are to be followed by the educator wishing to purchase or pilot a product not on the Approved Digital Instructional Resource list. Please check the Approved Digital Instructional Resource list; your product may already be approved.
- Talk to your administrator about the value/instructional importance of the product.
- Fill out the Request for New Digital Instructional Resource. (Form 63-11-01) (Download the PDF to your machine before you fill it out.)
- Email the filled form to your Tech Contact.
- Have the Tech Contact digitally sign the form and email it to the administrator.
- Have your administrator email the digitally signed form to, Eric Englert (TSA Instructional Technology Specialist in the Instructional Technology department).
- The District Digital Instructional Resource Committee (DDIRC) meets September, December, March, and May for approvals.
- After committee approval, your request may be tentatively approved for piloting for a specified time period. Follow any instructions received by district staff for piloting the new resource. If your request is denied, you will receive explicit reasons for the denial.
- For use beyond the pilot year, the applicable Grade-Level or Program Director and Subject Area Coordinator must endorse the use of the program.
Prior to submitting a request to use an installed digital resource, check the Approved Digital Instructional Resource List. For more information, please see the Digital Instructional Resource Approval Manual or contact Eric Englert.
Additional Steps for Installed Software
- After receiving the digitally signed Request for New Digital Instructional Resource form from your administrator, Eric Englert will verify the form accuracy and forward the form to TSA, for evaluation by a Senior Network Analyst.
- If software is a desktop application, have your Tech Contact create a work order for TSA to evaluate the software. Note: This step is not needed for mobile device apps.
*Once approved, please give your Bookkeeper the following information to make the purchase.
- Name of school
- Name of vendor/name of software
- How much and dates of subscription, if applicable.
- Confirmation that the request is on the approved list.
- Request does not guarantee approval.
- You will receive status updates in a timely manner.