Fair Use guidelines are a balance of these factors:
- the Purpose of the Use,
- the Nature of the Work,
- the Amount of the Work Used, and
- the Effect of the Use on the Market for the Original.
Ask yourself “What is the educational purpose for using the copyrighted work?” It should tie in specifically to objectives and expected outcomes for your students.
- A Fair (y ) Use Tale (Click the Download MP4 link on that page as the others often do not work.)
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education
- Copyright and Educational Media Policy Agreement (Form 900759 is among the required documentation that is acknowledged in SRCSD MyPD Course 1. As such, there are no signatures on this form.)
- Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines for Teachers
- Copyright Crash Course
- Copyright PowerPoint SRCD Educational Guidelines (under revision)
- Creative Commons
- Fair Use – Four Factors – an American University project
- Obtaining Copyright Information Form
- Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights tutorials