School Choice Information
Draft documents Pending School Board Approval
Provided for informational purposes, only.
- 2017-2018 School Choice Plan DRAFT
- Request for Student Transfer – All Students DRAFT
- Controlled Open Enrollment Plan Capacity Chart DRAFT
- Request for Student Transfer – In County (form 61-02-04) (also available: Word version)
Students may transfer to a school outside of their residential zone with the approval of the School Board. Form 61-02-04 must be completed by a custodial parent or court-awarded guardian. A separate form must be completed for each child needing a transfer.
- Physician Statement for Transfer (form 61-02-14)
A student may be allowed to transfer from their original assignment, if it can be determined that attendance at that school will endanger or be injurious to the health of the student. Medical information from a physician is needed in order to assist in making the recommendation to the Santa Rosa County School Board. Please use form 61-02-14 to obtain that information.
- Request for Out-of-County Enrollment (Guardianship) (form 61-02-12) (Word | Fillable PDF)
If court action has relinquished guardianship of the child to a resident of Santa Rosa County with whom the child will reside and the resident requests to enroll his/her child in a school in Santa Rosa County, form 61-02-12 must be completed and submitted, with the required attachments, to the appropriate grade level director listed in the form. The request will require School Board approval.
- Out-of-County Residency (form 61-02-13 – Rev 2011) (Word | Fillable PDF)
If a parent or guardian is in the process of building or leasing a residence in Santa Rosa County and requests to enroll his/her child in a Santa Rosa County school prior to occupying the new residence, form 61-02-13 must be completed and submitted, with the required attachments, to the appropriate grade level director listed in the form. The request will require School Board approval.
- Employee Out-of-County Residency (form 61-02-15 – 2014) (Word | Fillable PDF)
If a parent or guardian is an employee of the Santa Rosa County School District, their children are allowed to enroll in a district school within the school zoned feeder pattern of their assigned work location provided space is available. The request will require School Board approval for the student to be enrolled in a Santa Rosa County school.
- Sample Employee Verification Letter (Word)
Grade Level Directors
- April Martin, Director of Elementary School Education
- Floyd Smith, Director of Middle School Education
- Jason Weeks, Director of High School Education
Santa Rosa County School Board
5086 Canal Street
Milton, FL 32570