PRESS RELEASE 09/10/2020
During this continuing Corona virus pandemic Santa Rosa County School District in partnership with our food service management company, Sodexo, have continued to search for innovative ways to feed our children and ensure the child population in our area are served. Through a program recently approved by the USDA, and authorized by Superintendent Tim Wyrosdick, we will maintain a nutritionally sound diet for the children of our community by offering meals at no cost to all children ages 18 and under. This free meal program will continue operating until December 31st, 2020 or until funding is exhausted.
Service under this new program will start at our brick and mortar schools on Monday, September 14th, 2020 and for children not attending brick and mortar schools it will begin on Thursday, September 17th, 2020 at our curbside pickup locations. The following applies to curbside pickup:
- For parents/guardians to pick up meals without children present they must go to a school office for verification to receive a voucher to be presented at meal pickup. Valid forms of identification include school identification card, child’s passport, government-issued child identification card, or any document proving parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child, such as an adoption decree; doctor, clinic, or hospital record; religious record; or daycare center record
- Thursday will be the only day for curbside pick-up 7 days of meals to include 7 breakfasts and 7 lunches will be provided.
- Curbside meals are available to anyone 18 years old and younger, including virtual student, distance learners, home schoolers and visitors to Santa Rosa County.
- In order to assist the district in preparing adequate number of meals, it is requested that meals be pre-ordered by texting srccurbside to 82257 by Tuesday of each week.
We look forward to continuing to serve the families of Santa Rosa County.
Sites for curbside pickup are:
- Berryhill Elementary School “Bus Loop” 7:30 am – 8:30 am
- Avalon Middle School “Bus Loop” 7:00 am – 8:00 am
- Jay Elementary School “School Street” 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Chumuckla Elementary School “Parent Pick up” 8:00 am – 8:30 am
- Central School “East Side Pick – up” 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- King Middle School “Parent pick up” 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- Holley Navarre Intermediate “Back of Cafeteria” 7:45 am – 8:45 am
- Gulf Breeze Elementary “Back of Cafeteria” 8:45 am – 9:30 am
- Oriole Beach Elementary “front of school” 8:30 am – 9:30 am